Tuesday, November 30, 2010

White Ginseng

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, ginseng promotes yang energy, improves circulation, increases blood supply, revitalizes and aids recovery from weakness after illness, and stimulates the body. It is available in four forms:

 I usually recommend this white ginseng to those who cough and thus helps to strengthen their lungs.



The fresh ginseng is the raw product.

The white ginseng is fresh ginseng which has been dried.

The red ginseng is harvested after six years, is not peeled and is steam-cured at standard boiling temperatures of 100 degrees Celsius, thereby giving it a glossy reddish-brown color.

The sun ginseng is created from a heat processing method which increases ginsenoside components by steaming white ginseng at a higher temperature than red ginseng.

8 comments:

suituapui said...

Oh? I did not know that. Just thought they're all the same - ginseng!

Unknown said...

I don't know much about ginseng, for me a cup of Ensure a day is good enough,, but sadly said, now my one tin of Ensure costs me about RM62.90 as compared to two months ago,it was only RM56.. now that is 10 % hike and that's what i call, ridiculous inflation......

Speaking of Ginseng, it is even more expensive, therefore i still stick to Ensure lah,,hahahahahahah

Small Kucing said...

how to cook ?

MeRy said...

I did not know that ginseng is good for lung...as to what I know,Cordyceps is good for lung.

Ensurai said...

Thanks for this informative posting. Appreciate the ginseng info...Ensure is pricey!!

Anonymous said...

I only know there's ginseng. Wasn't aware there's white ginseng.

ann low said...

I seldom take ginseng, must try it some day. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

At one glance, I thought it is a ginger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...