Friday, April 15, 2011

Communication

Can you communicate well in English both in speaking and writing?

English is an important language. When you seek a job, the interviewer would look into your communication skills in English rather than your work experience.

As a teacher, I realized that my students refused to speak in English. When I spoke to them in English, they answered me in Bahasa Malaysia. Normally, I would pretend that I didn't understand what they had spoken. So they had to try very hard to put their words in English.

Teachers just need to encourage their students to speak even though they might feel awkward initially. It was not an easy job to teach Malay students. They refused to take part so I had to carry out  a lot of activities to help them.


1 comment:

Small Kucing said...

last time my school have BM day and English day whereby the whole day you speak in that language. If you dont, you'll be fined

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...